This body butter is delicious and extremely easy to whip up (pun intended). The Cocoa Butter and Borage Seed Oil add deep healing, hydration and protective action to a light moisturizer base. We made the essential oil blend Sweet & Spicy (to bring some warmth to our February skin), but the options for essential oil customization are endless...
What you'll need:
200 ml Natural, Unscented Lotion (we love Oneka Elements)
100 grams Cocoa Butter
30 ml Borage Seed Oil
1 ml Benzoin Essential Oil
10 drops Vanilla Essential Oil
10 drops Sandalwood Essential Oil
1 ml Jojoba Rose Essential Oil
4 drops Clove Bud Essential Oil
A double boiler and a heat source
A hand blender
A large bowl
1. Over a double boiler, melt your cocoa butter down until it is completely liquid, then remove from the heat.
2. Before your cocoa has a chance to begin to set, combine it with your Natural Lotion and Borage Seed Oil in a large bowl.
3. Using a hand blender, whip the mixture until it is completely combined (there is no oily residue at the top of the lotion, it appears as one milky substance).
4. Lastly, add your essential oil and do a final blend to combine this thoroughly throughout the body butter.
5. At this point, the body butter is finished however it needs time to set. Pour it into the jar you wish to store it in and leave it, tightly sealed, in a cool dry place for a couple of hours or overnight.