The concept of Hygge shouldn’t be all that foreign to Canadians; embracing feelings of coziness, comfort and overall well-being? We’ve got that covered. However, Hygge is also about slowing down and being content in the present moment, rather than in a constant state of ‘go, go, go’; this isn’t exactly a North American’s strong suit.
Here’s why Essential Oils are Hygge
The primary function of Aromatherapy is to remind us to breathe and be present. Essential oils have an unbelievable capacity to encourage awareness. This, in combination with their proven effect on emotional well-being, makes Essential Oils synonymous with Hygge.
Via inhalation, certain essential oils can promote the positive emotions that are intrinsic to Hygge. Many studies have proven that the diffusion of specific essential oils can instil feelings of calm, relaxation and overall well-being.
4 Essential Oil Blends to Increase The Hygge in Your Life
A blend that is loved by all; the young, the old and even the furry! Comfort Blend has a warm citrusy aroma which creates a feeling of, you guessed it, total Comfort. Diffuse it in your home at any time of day, it is calming, welcoming and clears airborne infection.
DIY Comfort Room Spray
- Place 30 drops of Comfort Blend into a 50 ml Spray Bottle.
- Add a small squirt of natural dish soap (this will help the oil and water mix)
- Fill the bottle with distilled water and shake well.
For those of us that need a bit of extra encouragement to be present in the moment; Mental Focus Blend is the way to go. With its deep & spicy aroma, this blend will bring you into a calm state of focus. A great companion for yoga, meditation, or snuggling up with a good book.
DIY Mental Focus Roll-On
- Place 5 drops of Mental Focus Blend into a 10 ml Roll-On Bottle.
- Fill the bottle with Jojoba Oil.
- Roll onto pulse points and under the nostrils.
Queen of Roses
For many Danish ‘Hygge Experts’, self-care is a ritual to be practiced (and enjoyed) on a regular basis. Give yourself that warm, comforting hug you’ve been craving, add our Queen of Roses Blend to your Bath Salts or Body Lotion. This intoxicating blend of Rose and Frankincense will make you feel calm, confident and pampered.
DIY Queen of Roses Bath Salts
- In a mortar and pestle, combine 12 drops Queen of Roses Blend with 2 tablespoons Dead Sea Salt. Mix thoroughly.
- Add your salts to a warm bath and enjoy!
DIY Queen of Roses Body Lotion
- Add 15 drops Queen of Roses Blend to a 50 ml Lotion Bottle.
- Fill the bottle with a Natural, Unscented Lotion (like Oneka’s), shake well.
Our Woods Blend is the key to a Canadian’s Hygge! This combination of Conifer oils is just what we all need during a long, cold winter; it helps us feel strong, energized and at ease. Diffused in an environment, this blend will increase the ‘cozy factor’ by a million (for best results, enjoy by candlelight)
DIY Fireside Woods Diffuser
- Place 10 drops of Woods Blend into a medium sized bowl of water placed near your fireplace or radiator. The heat will naturally diffuse the aroma into your home.
This winter we’re going to embrace the Hygge in our lives, you can too!< /div>