Available Sizes: 5 ml
a safe & gentle decongestant & antiviral
the action of hyssop on the respiratory system is comparable to eucalyptus, however it's aroma is much softer and it's a safer choice for children and vulnerable individuals.
Hyssop Decumbens is one of the best essential oils for viral infections. Use it to treat coughs, colds, chest congestion and bronchitis.
Reach for it when small children or vulnerable individuals are suffering from tight chest congestion or unproductive/spasmodic coughs.
Unlike Eucalyptus, Hyssop has a gentle, calming aroma that is less intense and 'medicinal' than many other oils with similar actions.
Hyssop breaks up hardened mucous and combats viral infection, making it ideal for most types of colds & chest infections.
*Hyssop Officinalis should be avoided, stick to the Decumbens variety!
Suggested Blends with Hyssop Decumbens
Use in a steam tent, epsom salt bath, shower or diffuser.
Hyssop & Thyme Linalol for a gentle, broad spectrum antiviral & antibacterial
Hyssop & Eucalyptus Radiata for a mucous busting powerhouse
Hyssop & Spike Lavender to assist with sluggish recovery from illness
Hyssop & Highland Lavender for a nighttime bath or massage oil to fight congestion while encouraging healing, restful sleep
DIY Decongesting Chest Balm
10 drops Hyssop Decumbens
10 drops Spike Lavender (or Highland Lavender if it is primarily for nighttime use)
1/2 cup Shea Butter
20 ml Jojoba Oil
1. Over a double boiler, melt down ~ 1/2 cup Shea Butter
2. Remove from the heat and stir in 20 ml of Jojoba Oil
3. Add your essential oil drops to the mixture, stirring thoroughly
4. Transfer to your preferred jar or container and allow to set in a cool, dry place for a few hours
* Remember, everything else goes out the window if you aren't working with pure, high quality essential oils. Click here to learn the ins & outs of Quality and Purity