Who else needs some serious lip love right now?
Here's why we prefer to make our own lip balm:
1. It's very difficult to find lip balms that don't contain synthetic fragrance - and that stuff is right by your nose all day long!
2. Many lip balms out there actually dry out your lips in the long run, making you need what? More lip balm, of course!
3. We can add in particular essential oils to combat concerns such as cold sores.
4. And most importantly, this lip balm is the single most heavenly thing we've ever put on our lips!<
The Perfect Lip Balm
Making your own lip balms is easy peasy.
And they make the perfect last minute stocking stuffers!
Some ingredient notes:
- We like using beeswax pellets because they're easy to measure, scoop etc.
- We prefer using refined shea butter as it doesn't have an odour
- You can sub Jojoba Neroli instead of Jojoba Rose if you prefer that aroma, the action will be similar and it will smell equally incredible!
1 tsbp + 1 tsp Beeswax
2 tbsp + 1.5 tsp Shea Butter
1 tbsp Jojoba Oil
1 tbsp + 1 tsp Jojoba Rose essential oil blend
Lip Balm Jars or Tubes (we love this cute lil' jar!)
add 10 drops Melissa essential oil
Cold Sore Prevention
Over a double boiler, melt down the beeswax and the shea butter until they are liquid.
Remove from heat and stir in the Jojoba.
Allow your mixture to cool for 1-2 minutes before adding your Jojoba Rose (and Melissa if you're using it). Stir thoroughly.
As quickly as you can (before it begins to harden), transfer your balm mixture into your desired lip balm jars.
Set your jars aside, sitting upright, to harden for a few hours or overnight.