Posted on March 15 2019
Honey is an amazing base for a huge range of natural products. Much like the more common bases (such as Floral Hydrosols and Carrier Oils) Honey is a raw ingredient that not only creates an amazing base for botanical actives, but brings its own arsenal of action to your DIY Products.
In terms of essential oil use, Honey is a great base for essential oils because it acts as a natural emulsifier; it bonds with the essential oil, and helps the oil to mix evenly into water bases.
Why Honey? When it comes to the inside of the mouth, gentle is what you’re looking for in a base. Honey is extremely gentle, it is anti-inflammatory and research has shown that honey can help to inhibit growth of oral bacteria that leads to tooth decay and gum disease.
Why Spearmint? Besides being the poster boy for fresh breathe, Spearmint’s antiseptic and antioxidant properties will naturally encourage oral cleanliness.
30 ml Natural, Liquid Honey
20 ml Distilled Water
- Place 40 ml Liquid Honey into your Lotion Bottle.
- Add Spearmint and mix thoroughly.
- Fill your bottle with Distilled Water and shake well to combine.
- To use, squirt into a small cup, swish around in your mouth for 10-30 seconds before spitting.
Spot Treatment for Wounds & Irritations
Why Honey? Two of Honey’s actions for skincare are: healing and cleansing. This makes Honey an amazing spot treatment for wounds and irritations (ie; eczema, burns, bites etc).
Why Helichrysum? Helichrysum is the Arnica of essential oils. It is extremely healing to the skin, it calms inflammation and helps to minimize the formation of scar tissue. Both Helichrysum Essential Oil and Helichrysum Hydrosol are must-haves for your first aid kit.
Why Lavender Highland? Lavender Highland will calm skin irritations and help to relieve redness, itchiness and/or pain. It will also work synergistically with Helichrysum to speed up the healing process and reduce the risk of scarring.
30 ml Honey
- Combine Honey, Helichrysum and Lavender essential oils in your jar. Stir thoroughly.
- To use, clean the area and apply the spot treatment onto damp skin.
- Allow spot treatment to sit for 20-45 minutes before gently rinsing.
- Your Honey Spot Treatment can be stored in a tightly sealed jar, in a cool dry place.
*Do not use on open or broken skin
Rose & Honey Facial Cleanser - direct quote from a workshop attendee “It’s so amazing, I want to eat it!”
Why Honey? The enzymes in honey break down dirt and purify the skin. Honey is also humectant, meaning it draws moisture into the skin. This combination of action makes it the ideal base for a DIY Cleanser, it won’t dry out the skin, leaving that unwanted, ‘tight’ feeling.
Why Rose Hydrosol? Our Rose Bulgarian Hydrosol is one of the most versatile Raw Skincare Ingredients there is; it’s balancing, hydrating and cleansing for all skin types. It also smells heavenly.
Why A Skincare Synergy? To bring this cleanser into your customized skincare regime, we encourage you to add the ideal Skincare Synergy for your skin type. This will supply your cleanser with the action you need most; whether it be calming, detoxifying or nourishing.
30 ml Natural, Liquid Honey
60 ml Lotion Bottle
- Place Honey and Essential Oil Synergy into your Lotion Bottle and mix thoroughly.
- Add Rose Bulgarian Hydrosol, secure the lid, and shake well.
- Gently massage onto the face and neck in the morning and evening, allow to sit for a few minutes before rinsing with warm water.
Why Honey? Some Essential oils are irritating to the sensitive tissue of the mouth and throat. Honey is a perfect base to dilute the essential oil and deliver it safely into the digestive system.
- Place 1 drop of an appropriate essential oil into a tbsp of Honey.
- Mix thoroughly with a stir stick before ingesting.