6 Life Hacks You Won't Believe 'Til You Try
We're serious, don't take our word for it; put these life hacks to the test and tell us they don't work wonders!
We're sure we aren't the only ones who find this life hack insanely satisfying: bringing a blind pimple to a head without the agonizing (and unsightly) waiting game.
Rosemary Highland is liposolvent, meaning it helps hardened sebum (oil) turn liquid so it can flow easily from the pore.
1. Combine ~ 1 tsp Green Clay with just enough water to create a thick paste.
2. Add 1-2 drops of Rosemary Highland Essential Oil and apply to the area of the pimple. This is best left overnight*
3. Depending on how stubborn the pimple is, you might do a few applications. The oil will come to the surface for clean extraction.
*Some people may find Rosemary Highland too stimulating to use at night, if this is the case, use it while you're lounging around the house instead.
Another frustrating dilemma - but flower power's got this one as well.
Melissa Extra is the best oil for treating and stopping the spread of cold sores.
1. Add 1-2 drops of Melissa Extra to your preferred natural, unscented base (ie; Balm, Lotion, etc)
2. Apply to the affected area 1-2 times daily until the Cold Sore has completely cleared.
Shoe and Carpet Odour
Once unpleasant odours make their way into your home, they can be difficult to shake. Diffusing essential oils or spraying synthetic air fresheners will mask the smell for a while, but they won't cut it off at the source.
1. Combine 3 drops of your chosen essential oil with 1 tbsp dry rice, mix thoroughly.
2. Pour your rice mixture into the affected shoes and tightly seal in a plastic bag for ~ 24 hours.
1. Combine 3 drops of your chosen essential oil with 1 tbsp baking soda, mix thoroughly (this recipe can be scaled up to whatever quantity is needed for the size of the area).
2. Sprinkle your baking soda mixture onto your carpet and allow it to sit for 10-15 minutes before vacuuming.
Waking up with puffy eyes is no fun, nor is the cloudy head that often accompanies them. Rosemary Highland has both of these issues totally covered.
1. First thing in the morning, dampen your face with some cold water or a spritz of Floral Hydrosol.
2. Place 1-2 drops of Rosemary Highland and a small squirt of Natural, Liquid Honey into the palm of your hand. Apply the honey mixture to your damp face, like a facial mask.
3. Allow the mask to sit for 10-15 minutes before rinsing with cold water.
Wave goodbye to itchy, flakey scalp; quickly, easily and naturally!
Geranium Rose is your go-to essential oil for scalp imbalances, it clears up dandruff like you won't believe.
1. After washing your hair as normal, place 1-2 drops of Geranium Rose into the palm of your hand, rub your fingertips in the oil and then directly into the affected area of your scalp.
2. Repeat as needed, ~ once a month, to keep Dandruff at bay.
Itchy Bug Bites
Another super quick, super easy and SUPER effective hack.
It's the high linalol content in our Lavender Highland Extra that makes this so effective.
1. Place 1-2 drops of Lavender Highland Extra into the palm of your hand, rub your fingertips into the oil and then directly onto the itchy areas.
2. Repeat as needed, to keep the itching at bay and speed up the healing process.
There you have it friends! Go forth and start hacking. Wait, that doesn't sound right...