Who else’s skin needs some serious TLC before being exposed to the world!?
Seriously, it was a long winter, and our skin has been trapped under layers for months. Give it some love with these quick, easy & beautifully natural Raw Skincare Body Treatments!
We’ve categorized the recipes by Dosha, so you can find the recipes that’ll be best for your skin type, and your overall systemic needs. Not sure what your Dosha is? Take the quiz!
Recipes for Vata Dosha
Hydrating Body Oil
This combination of emollient essential oils in a nourishing carrier oil will leave the skin feeling soft, looking radiant and smelling fabulous.
- Place 20 drops Ylang Ylang, 10 drops Patchouli & 10 drops Sweet Orange into a 100 ml bottle of Jojoba Oil. Shake well.
- Massage onto your body when in the steam or sauna.
Exfoliating Chili Rose Mud
We try not to pick favorites… but let’s be honest, this is our favorite ;)
- In a mortar and pestle, combine 1 tsp Besan, 1 tbsp Pink Clay, 1 tbsp Jojoba Beads, 1 tbsp Rose Powder, 1 tsp Chili Cocoa Powder (you can order all of the Chili Rose Mud Ingredients here!)
- Place 5 drops Patchouli, 3 drops Vanilla Bean and 4 drops Jojoba Rose into your powders and mix thoroughly.
- This powder/essential oil mixture can be stored in a tightly sealed jar.
- To use, combine ~ 2 tbsp Chili Rose Mud with ~ 2 tbsp Honey or Natural, Unscented Body Wash to make a paste (the 'mud' part of the recipe).
- Massage over your body and allow to sit for a few minutes before rinsing in the bath or shower.
Nourishing Bath Milk
Arguably the two things Vatas need most; relaxation & moisture. Luckily this bath milk has both of those in spades!
- In a mortar and pestle, combine ~ 2 oz Powdered Buttermilk with 4 drops Frankincense, 3 drops Sweet Orange and 3 drops Sandalwood.
- This Bath Milk can be stored in a tightly sealed jar.
- To use, add ~ 2 tbsp Bath Milk to a warm bath right before stepping in.
Recipes for Pitta Dosha
Cooling Body Spritzer
Calm your fire, Pitta! This Body Spritzer will bring everything down a few degrees, store it in the fridge for maximum cooling potential.
- Place 25 drops Sensitive Skin Synergy directly into a 100 ml bottle of Peppermint Hydrosol. Shake well.
- Store in the fridge and spray on the face & body anytime you need to be cooled down.
Soothing Body Scrub
Pitta’s sensitive and sometimes inflamed skin requires extremely gentle exfoliation, this scrub has that covered.
- In a mortar and pestle, combine 2 tbsp Oat Flour, 1 tbsp Jojoba Beads and 1 tbsp Lavender Powder with 3 drops Lavender Highland and 2 drops Frankincense Co2.
- This mixture can be stored in a tightly sealed jar.
- To use, combine 1 tbsp Scrub mixture with ~ 1 tbsp natural honey to create a paste. Gently massage onto damp skin and allow to sit for 10-15 minutes before rinsing in the bath or shower.
Calming Bath Powder
This powder is an all-around rescue remedy for any type of skin inflammation or sensitivity.
This powder also makes a wonderful Soothing Bath for children; simply bring the essential oil content down to 2 drops of each.
- In a mortar and pestle, combine 2 oz Oat Flour with 5 drops Lavender Highland and 5 drops Roman Chamomile.
- This powder can be stored in a tightly sealed jar.
- To use, add ~ 2 tbsp Bath Powder to a warm bath right before stepping in.
Recipes for Kapha Dosha
Detoxifying Body Spritzer
A great way to kickstart the detoxification your system needs is with this body spritzer and a steam or sauna treatment.
- Place 25 drops Oily Skin Synergy directly into a 100 ml bottle of Rose Bulgarian Hydrosol. Shake well.
- Spray liberally onto the body throughout your steam or sauna treatment.
Detoxifying Massage Oil
Self-massage is a huge part of Ayurvedic ritual; in Ayurvedic medicine, it’s recommended that you give yourself an oil massage every morning before showering, to help the body eliminate toxins.
- Place 4 drops Lemon Extra, 5 drops Black Pepper and 10 drops Frankincense directly into a 100 ml bottle of Jojoba Oil. Shake well.
- Massage onto the body before showering.
Cellulite Body Scrub
The name of this one pretty much says it all, and just in time for bathing suit season ;)
- In a mortar and pestle, combine 2 oz Extra Fine Dead Sea Salt, 3 drops Lemongrass, 6 drops Pink Grapefruit and 2 drops Ginger.
- Your salt scrub mixture can be stored in a tightly sealed jar.
- To use, combine 1 tbsp Scrub with ~ 1 tbsp natural honey or natural, unscented gel cleanser, to create a paste.
- Massage onto damp skin in gentle, circular motions. Allow to sit for 5-10 minutes before rinsing in the bath or shower.